Sunday, May 1, 2011

Mix and Match Curried Rice Salad

This recipe can take shape in a number of ways. I will provide some loose ideas and let your imagination take flight....

1. Use either an oil and vinegar base or a Vegenaise base and add 1T. of good curry powder to taste
2. Add 2 cups of cooked brown basmati rice.
3. Add the fun stuff: I added 3/4 c. chick peas, 3/4 c. peas, 1/4 c. sliced scallions, 1/4 c. diced red pepper, and 1/2 c. raisins. A little sea salt makes the curry really pop.
4. Other options include: dried apricots, toasted slivered almonds or cashews, sliced apple

What other fun items would you add?

1 comment:

Kate said...

Julienned jicama, black beans, plain black olives, chopped lightly steamed broccoli, corn, chopped celery, dried cranberries, the list is endless. I'd combine my ingredients and dressing thematically. Rice salads are amazing, thanks for posting and reminding me of what a versatile and healthy dish this can be!