Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Best Pasta Salad Ever

I have to start by saying this is my student Leslie's recipe. She makes it often and I am obsessed with it. In fact I am considering finding a way to sabotage her senior recital so she can't graduate...just kidding (I think). Anyway, whereas normally I would be a purist and make my own dressing, etc. I would not change a thing about this! Follow Leslie's directions to a T and you will join me in my obsession. I promise. Here it is, straight from the expert herself...

Ingredients
1 bag colored tri-colored rontini
green onions (optional)
cherry tomatoes
avocado
green olives (1 jar)
black olives (1 can)
artichoke hearts, quartered (1 can)
1 bell pepper, minced
1 bottle Good Seasons Zesty Italian dressing (you'll need olive oil (extra
virgin), vinegar (Leslie likes red wine vinegar) and a package of the dressing)
Mozzarella Cheese
Parmesan Cheese

Cook the noodles. Once they're boiling, check them (bite one). You don't
want them too well cooked. Not crunchy, not mushy.
Drain and cool the noodles. Chop up the onions, bell pepper, cut up the
olives. Don't add the avocado until just before serving because it turns
black.
Add shredded mozzarella cheese and mix everything together. Just
before serving, add dressing to taste. Don't use the whole bottle (too
greasy), but make sure there's enough to give flavor, add the avocado
and sprinkle a lot of Parmesan cheese over the top.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So, I have to start by saying that I am very flattered that Dr. Doyle thinks highly enough of my pasta salad to put it on her blog! I just thought I'd add some notes for anyone who wants to try it out. I love this recipe because it's easy and flexible; it can be adjusted to feed anywhere from 5 people to 50. The ingredients listed are just the ones that I like to use, but you can add pretty much any veggies you like and adjust the amount of dressing and cheese you use to suit your individual tastes. The only thing I really wouldn't change it the dressing; I generally make my own as well, but I've never been able to replicate this. Anyway, I hope you enjoy!